Saturday, March 19, 2011

Social Media Tools - Holt Renfrew

About the Company
The company I chose which was related to my fashion blog was Holt Renfrew.  The company carries designer fashions, shoes, and other fashionable items for both men and women. It is considered to be a very high end department store.  Holt Renfrew also holds fashion events throughout the year.  Designer fashions at Holt Renfrew include top designers such as Gucci, Chanel, Versaci, Louis Vitton, etc. 
Social Media Tracking Tools
The first one I used was HowSociable. I chose this tool as it was free and did not require any downloading. HowSociable provides a easy way to measure the brand’s visibility on the social web using 32 different platforms. The site was simple to follow however it had a few limitations.  I was able to view Twitter tweets, however facebook for example ,was not allowing any content sharing or conversation viewing.  The scores were very useful, especially when comparing to other companies or similar brands.  The ratings can be monitored for changes.

I also used Addictomatic which allows the creation of a custom page of search results from 25 different social media platforms. I was able to obtain blogs from Wordpress.com using Addictomatic. It was easier to obtain information using Addictomatic and navigate around the different platforms with the ability to bookmark it. I found this to be very useful. The following were a few of the conversations from Wordpress.com using Addictomatic:

21 September 2009 by Charla
…  on Facebook.  The Scope ran an article about the latest Holt Renfrew Catalog layout. It's not only beautiful and inspiring but they …

January 7, 2011 by Peonies&Cupcakes
WHAT?! You heard it right! I know this doesn’t happen very often so I thought I would share that this weekend only Holt Renfrew is having 20% off the lowest ticketed sale price. WOW! I definitely ♥ Holt’s but they are damn expensive so this is exciting!

Company Findings

Conversation Details
Rating: 
Postive=+1
Neutral=0
Negative=-1
JesscaCN: A most interesting window display at Holt Renfrew. http://twitpic.com/4ayluy
+1
StephanieHakim: @Zgulmi @etienneboulay22 If i can suggest something, i say a shopping spree at Holt Renfrew!!! lol
+1
stephaniewels: Why did I let myself wander into holt renfrew #poorlife
0
anziejewelry: Check Out: Fashionata Spring Fashion Show at Holt Renfrew http://t.co/QGTFBQ4 via @avenuemagazine
0
athena_dalessio: At Holt Renfrew- the constant reminder that I spent way too much on my prom dress.
-1
lance_concept: A F$&kin tshirt for $575.00 @ Holt Renfrew

-1
kcheng: This Holt Renfrew is awesome! I keep getting comp choco covered espresso beans, macaroons, Smart Water n now I'm playin XBOX Kinect!
+1
DianneChow: RT @thestregishotel: http://tinyurl.com/4kmnkwj (expand ) NEW CONTEST! Win a St Regis/Holt Renfrew Shop and Stay pkg. 3 ways to enter
0
that_angela: @madisonjanine If I went to Holt Renfrew to buy everything I wanted, it would probably cost the same as a house.
-1
TheREALNotNice: Holt Renfrew.....i hate you guys right now, my pouch zipper spoiledddd
-1


Holt Renfrew’s visibility score is 277, and a tweeter score of 1001. The overall sentiment is mixed (positive versus negative). It is clear however looking at the findings, that Holt Renfrew is a elite place to shop, however very expensive for the average income work, as it carries many high priced designer fashions.  The breakdown for the ratings from the above 10 Twitter conversations are as follows:  

Positive
30%
Neutral
30%
Negative
40%

.
Other Social Media Tools

Monitoring twitter conversation and measuring Sentiment can be done using Twitter Twendz.  It is a twitter tracking tool used to explore conversations about a companies brand:



 

I found the following article, which was interesting, on “Why You Shouldn’t Trust Automated Sentiment Scoring“, which outlines the problems with using automated scoring. The company Sentiment360, found examples that had a “50% swing in sentiment”, in automated versus human analysis.


The full article can be viewed here: Automated Sentiment Scoring
In summary, tracking tools are very useful in monitoring a company's brand visibility, and should be used to measure results against the KPI's established in the social media plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment